Please comment on this post to claim a prompt. Please claim only one prompt at a time; if you finish one story before the deadline, you can return and make another claim. Each prompt can initially only be claimed by one person; however, if you have already posted a story and are returning to claim another prompt, you can choose one that's already been claimed.
- Jack/Will - The captain of the Flying Dutchman has something that Jack wants, so Jack sets out to obtain it by ... persuasion.
- Jack Sparrow, Will Turner (slash or gen is fine) finding a grimoire , immortality claimed by ainsoph15
- Jack/Will immediately after COTBP and ignoring DMC/AWE. Will wants to join Jack's crew but is in denial about why. Jack knows exactly why and tries to help him figure it out.
- Will has seen Jack doing something very private. Interpret as you choose. Can be Jack/Will or not. claimed by dharma_slut and lntora
- Jack/Elizabeth, Teague, Post-AWE -- Shipwreck ghost stories claimed by djarum99
- Jack/Norrington and "The Hurricane" claimed by captsparrow4evr
- Jack/Norrington. Norrington runs afoul of the Spanish guarda costa and Jack intervenes. (Why? You tell me.)
- Jack/Norrington, Post-CotBP -- one day's head start; the love of the chase claimed by fluffyllama
- Modern-day AU in which Norrington is unexpectably 30something and divorced and Jack teaches Yoga. Jack/James claimed by earlwyn
- Post COTBP, supposing DMC and AWE never happened: Jack is a privateer (how does he cope with actually having to work and walk in line?) and Norrington has to tolerate him. They end up on an island together alone (how that's up to you), will they escape (with or without seaturtles...) and what happens? Sparrington is always ever so welcome =).
- Jack/the Brethren Court (individually, not simultaneously) - Jack's collecting Pirate Lords. claimed by penknife
- Jack Sparrow/Tia Dalma - what was it that she did that she said he liked at the time?
- Jack Sparrow sailed the Interceptor through a storm in CotBP, had a hurricane come in handy when Norrington was after him before DMC, and actually flew out of the maelstrom in AWE. Calypso is convinced that he is a wind/storm god, somehow trapped in human form like she was, and wants to make him aware of that. (Would that be called "Spalypso"?)
- Gibbs/Jack - slashy or innocent, but I want something that sheds light on that relationship, what they really know or think about each other, something to fill out the movie scenes. claimed by ceria_taliesin
- Jack/Scarlett or Giselle, unromantic
- Jack/Giselle or Scarlett -- true love.
- A fic that explores Scarlet & Giselle and their relationship to each other and to Jack. In COTBP, they didn't know each other, but Scarlet may have been the reason that Giselle slapped Jack. In DMC they seemed to have joined forces against him, with Will being the recipient of their hostility. In AWE they were willing to share Jack, but were also jealously fighting over him. claimed by camille_moineau
- Inject the above ideas into a smut fic - Scarlet/Jack/Giselle, what if Jack's "magnificent and fierce and huge-ish" vessel was not gone at the end of AWE?
- A Jack/Beckett hurt/comfort. Not completely AU but can mingle a little with some parts of the storyline.
- A twoshot about Jack's thoughts as he's being branded and Beckett's thoughts as he's branding Jack. Can be in either order. Slash.
- Jack/Elizabeth/Will, forgiveness (during or post AWE would be nice) claimed by fabu
- AU. Norrington goes with Elizabeth to Shipwreck, where he's on the outside looking in at the complicated network of affections between Elizabeth, Jack and Will. Elizabeth/Will/Jack and one-sided Elizabeth/Norrington, or Elizabeth/Will/Jack/Norrington.
- Will/Elizabeth or Jack/Will/Elizabeth - Will is released from the Dutchman after ten years, and tries to adjust to a new life with Elizabeth (or Elizabeth and Jack).
- The journey to Singapore. Explore Will and Elizabeth's relationship. Can be W/E or J/E but not J/W/E. PG-13 or under, please. claimed by fell_beast
- Conversation between Will and Jack about letting Elizabeth go to Sao Feng's ship. Can be W/E or J/E, but not J/W. PG-13 or under, please.
- AWE AU, what if someone else became Captain of the Dutchman and Will survived the final battle? W/E
- Journey to the Arctic or wherever the "Farthest Gate" was supposed to be. W/E. PG-13 or under, please. claimed by elenariel
- A conversation between Jack & Elizabeth about love, sex, commitment (life, the universe and everything as well if you like) and why the two of them are "peas in a pod", but NOT Sparabeth (although you can mention the canon scenes they had). Will/Elizabeth and Jack/[canon character of your choice who isn't Elizabeth. Slash or het.] Can be post AWE or set between scenes.
- Will Turner/JamesNorrington, in the afterlife. claimed by lancelot_luv05
- Will and Calypso hook up. Smokin'!
- After 10 years Elizabeth's been true, but has Will been faithful as well? (Will/anyone who could have died in the years after AWE). Is Will released or does he sail on the Seven Seas forever?
- Elizabeth/Teague - Flirtation (or more) between the Pirate King and the Keeper of the Code. claimed by glinda4thegood
- Barbossabeth, of any type *grin* - but preferably during the period between DMC and AWE on the journey to Singapore.
- Norrington/Elizabeth/Calypso (or any permutations thereof), PostAWE, what the tides washed in. claimed by sparrbecuecook
- Norrington/Calypso, post AWE
- Anamaria/Norrington, love and loss
- Anamaria/Calypso - Anamaria's only love is the sea
- Tia Dalma/Anamaria, 'lessons'
- Tia Dalma / Davy Jones, meeting after the events of AWE
- Calypso/Davy Jones, Post-AWE -- repercussions, cruelty claimed by penknife
- Teague meets Jack's mother for the first time...
- Teague + Pelegostos, picking up the dog w/ the keys and his wife's shrunken head. Teague/His wife.
- Bootstrap Bill meets Will's mother for the first time...
- Weatherby Swan meets Elizabeth's mother for the first time.... claimed by florencia7
- Ragetti and any existing female PoTC character (in other words, not an O/C). Make it work!
- Jack's new fascination
- Jack's trip to the Turkish prison. PG-13 or under, please.
- A non-slash backstory for Jack and Beckett. PG-13 or under, please.
- Jack's reaction to seeing Barbossa ALIVE! using the line "You're supposed to be dead." PG-13 or under, please.
- Jack and Teague - any backstory on their relationship
- Teague, Jack, Pre-CotBP -- "Salt of the Earth"
- It's child!Jack's birthday and he gets a present from his daddy. What does Teague give him and how does he do it? claimed by desiring_me
- Jack acquires a pet. Hijinks ensue. claimed by sharklady35
- Jack Sparrow - Jack (perhaps with the help of the Fountain of Youth) survives to meet Stephen Maturin (crossover with Master and Commander/the Aubrey/Maturin books)claimed by torn_eledhwen
- Jack impersonating a cleric of the Church of England claimed by argyleheir
- How Jack picked up all that Latin (Could be combined with Cleric Impersonation prompt, or separate - I'm not fussy.) claimed by ballincollig
- Blockade-running, US Civil War, with a crafty Jack and anyone else you want. claimed by mamazano
- Did Jack ever contact Will and/or Elizabeth between CotBP and DMC? PG-13 or under.
- EITC!Jack is overseeing shipments of opium from Bengal to Calcutta and samples his wares.
- Someone witnesses Jack talking to himself (post-Locker) and is worried about him. claimed by tiamary
- Jack in Davy Jones' Locker, talking to versions of himself
- Jack and Elizabeth "go legit" and become privateers. Can they stay on the strait and narrow? (Get it? Strait? That was a pun. ;) )
- Jack at age 70. claimed by bellbubble
- Jack + Will + villain (can be Barbossa, Davy Jones, Beckett or OC) + revenge + self sacrifice (no death) + h/c = you tell me. claimed by lancelot_luv05
- What made the Pearl sink so that Davy Jones had to pull it out of the depths? I take it Jack didn't just strike any deal, describe how Jack tries to get the best deal he can.
- some spectacular and (at least mostly) successful raid Jack performed, other than that of Nassau Port; pre-CotBP or post-AWE as you like
- Will learns a new trick claimed by immortal_jedi
- Will is given a vision of what his life (and Jack's and Elizabeth's) would have been like, had he thought twice about helping Jack escape from his cell in Port Royal. claimed by noticeably
- What if Will lost the dice game in DMC? PG-13 or under.
- Will Turner, assuming he has to stay on the Dutch forever, ten years and one day later (yes, after he's seen Liz and their son).
- Elizabeth dies after a long life, Will can no longer see her once every 10 years. What does he do? claimed by immortal_jedi
- Will isn't free of the curse. Elizabeth and many generations of Turners have passed on and been mourned. Will still goes ashore once every 10 years to meet his decendants. What are his thoughts on how the world has changed over the past several centuries?
- Will, Post-AWE -- duty; ruminations on the afterlife (bonus points for heathen gods), and his feelings re: becoming part of the "tale"
- Did Calypso bother Will after he was Captain? PG-13 or under.
- Elizabeth and Barbossa, post-AWE. I'd prefer friendship or rivalry to romance/sex.
- Elizabeth visits Charles Town, South Carolina, and meets an older Anne Burleigh (nee Cormac, aka Anne Bonny). We might also see her fully-grown child John, named for his calico-coated pirate father. [see historical background information here!]
- Elizabeth's time in Tortuga before she found Jack. PG-13 or under, please. claimed by veronica_rich
- Elizabeth's time aboard Sao Feng's ship. From the time she went aboard to her arrival at Shipwreck Cove. PG-13 or under, please.
- The new governor of Port Royal, an acquaintance of Weatherby's, arrives, eventually meets Elizabeth, and is rather surprised at her transformation.
- Elizabeth - I'd like to see her actually be a pirate king after AWE, instead of just settling down quietly
- tiny!Elizabeth and the mysterious Mrs. Swann, a fairy tale
- Elizabeth's first battle post AWE with any pirate.
- AU: Will chose to go to heaven rather than stab the heart, so Jack stabbed it and is ferrier of souls. How does Elizabeth deal? Save herself for once every 10 years with Jack? Get lots of boyfriends? Try to resurrect Will? Join a convent? Something else? Anything goes.
- Crackaliciously: Elizabeth Swann vs. Miss Piggy.
- Elizabeth, conspiracies within conspiracies.
- Anamaria & Elizabeth, post AWE (no slash) claimed by captaintish
- Teague tells a story to Elizabeth... (writers choice for which story he tells)
- Preferably humorous tale: Elizabeth gets revenge on Barbossa for all he's done to Jack. J/E preferred but not a requirement...but I beg of you, no Barbossabeth.
- Norrington - Norrington survives on the Dutchman due to (insert plot device) and ends up meeting with Jack Aubrey (crossover with Master and Commander/the Aubrey/Maturin books)
- Norrington - an unpacking of the character, from childhood up to his death
- Norrington takes Will's place as captain of the Flying Dutchman so Elizabeth can have her husband back, but what happens if the captain of the Dutchman has no lover to wait for him on shore? claimed by ennyousai
- A pure Navy story. Three-deckers, fire-ships, signal flags, splinter netting, boarding cutlasses, cranky admirals, every man doing his utmost. Add Norrington to the long list of fictional Navy captains based on Lord Cochrane. claimed by jenavira
- Bring Norrington back to life in a way that does not involve the Dutchman or Will Turner. claimed by commodore_lydia
- I so do love Norrington, him and anyone, preferably in a situation that has him sighing and rolling his eyes... claimed by lithiumdelusion
- Norrington, post CotBP but disregarding DMC onwards (no slash)
- Calypso, choosing a new captain for the Dutchman after Will's ten years are up. Could be Calypso/OC.
- Calypso, responding to the heathen gods who helped the Aztecs put a curse of the gold for Cortez. claimed by pink_siamese
- Tia Dalma, Jack, Elizabeth (& the baby). "Da dead an' 'alf dead were ne'er meant to get life on da livin'. So da sea, it come to claim it own, before it own can claim more dan da sea can 'old." claimed by atraphoenix
- The Kraken origin story, and how it came to be under Davy's command.
- How did Davy Jones cut out his own heart? Did he have help? Or did he do it all himself? (Shudder) PG-13 or under.
- The first brethren court... how exactly did Davy Jones manage to talk them into binding Calypso into a human body? Was it ever recorded aside from the song?
- Davy Jones raising the Pearl for Jack (the first time)
- Newly-undead!Barbossa has a moment of panic during which his conscience emerges and they return to the isle to find Gov. Jack.
- How exactly did Barbossa pry the Pearl from Jack in the first place?
- Two captains, one ship: never a good idea is it? Barbossa and Jack meet up (Barbossa needs the map and Jack wants the Pearl). How do they get to the Acqua de vida? Will they get there before they kill each other?
- Barbossa, following his resurrection (can be either post DMC or within the timeframe of AWE) - dealing with the whole no-being-dead-anymore thing claimed by perveseparagon
- Gibbs reflecting on Jack's reaction to discovering Elizabeth's pregnancy and her desire to remain in Shipwreck Cove (can be gen, het, slash, bitext)
- Gibbs, Pre-CotBP -- Under what circumstances did he leave the Navy? And how did he join up with Jack? (Jack/Gibbs if you're willing and able.)
- Piratey talk between Gibbs and Jack concerning their appreciation for women, rum and the Pearl. claimed by mamazano
- Bootstrap + James, making amends after AWE.
- Bootstrap talks to child!Will just before he leaves for the last time. PG-13 or under.claimed by romanticalgirl
- Anamaria - Anamaria's adventures after she gets her ship
- Anamaria, crosses to bear, and knowledge is power.
- Some backstory for Lian and Park. Anything at all. claimed by geekmama
- Captain Teague - anything, really - but pre-AWE would be better - I love backstory. :)claimed by minoriko
- Weatherby Swann meets Beckett and/or Mercer in the afterlife
- Lieutenant Groves' career after CotBP, his thoughts about Beckett, the EITC, Norrington's shipwrecking and return claimed by concertigrossi
- post-AWE: Pintel&Ragetti, or Murtogg&Mullroy, or the four of them, take the Pearl from Barbossa, to go pirating (or privateering) in their own name. Jack meeting marooned Hector would be an appreciated extra
- Murtogg & Mullroy, Post-AWE -- learning curve; banter re: the supernatural claimed by teenybuffalo
- Will, Elizabeth, Barbossa, before AWE, their conversation to steal the map from Sao Feng
- Jack, Barbossa, and the gang drink from the Fountain of Youth and live forever. Their adventures in any historical time period since AWE.
- En route to the Fountain of Youth, Jack gets into trouble with the Spanish colonial government.
- Jack, Liz, and Barbossa find the Fountain of Youth, but it's in the middle of a strange unearthly landscape full of danger.
- A Spanish treasure fleet goes down in a hurricane near Shipwreck Cove, and there's a mad scramble among all the pirates to salvage the cargo.
- The dead shall rise again
- Maps, charts, compasses, navigation. Any characters as long as there's lots of nauticalness. claimed by venusinchains
- I know this is a tall order, but I'd really, really like a 'fix-it' fic to reconcile me to the whole singing'n'hanging sequence in AWE. Anything that explains how the little boy with the coin and the ringing coin Barbossa throws to Sao Feng fit in with the '9 pieces of junk' and the binding of Calypso. If possible, it would also explain who teaches all the marginals and outcasts to sing the same song in harmony. Can be angst, crack, smut, gen, anything. Heck, why not a musical?
- How did the Isla Del Muerta go "pearshaped" as Gibbs put it? PG-13 or under.
- What happened to all the non-Aztec treasure stored on Isla Del Muerta? Did it disappear into the depths when the island went "pearshaped"? Had to been saved and taken to a new hiding place to be spent later?
- How did the Pearl come to be? Write her story.
- Speculation on the nature of the Dutchman's curse/role in the movement of death at sea.
- Jack/Will/Elizabeth - on the Dutchman. From round 1, claimed by piratemistress
- Bootstrap when the Aztec gold curse breaks. From round 1, claimed by immortal_jedi
- Post-AWE. Captain Will Turner training his own massive aquatic creature to assist him in his duties. From round 1, claimed by lilfluffykitten
- Jack/Elizabeth - post-AWE AU (or not), Lizzie being knowingly adulterous, dirty talk. From round 1, claimed by tiamary
- Post AWE - as a gift or a favour to someone (himself, Elizabeth, Jack, James, someone wacky or obscure, whoever) Will gives James one more day. From round 1, claimed by curiouslyfic.
If you don't see anything here you like, you can claim an unclaimed prompt from the first round. If you are claiming a prompt from the first round, please copy and paste the prompt into a comment here so I can add it to this list.
When you're ready to post your story, please follow the directions behind the cut:
You may post your story to the LJ potcfest community, to the IJ potcfest asylum, or both. All stories posted to either community will be linked in the master list on both communities at the end of the fest. Stories may be posted as soon as they're finished; all stories are due February 13.
Please use the following template to post your story:
Author's notes: (optional)
You may use whatever rating system you want, but please clearly indicate if a story contains adult content. Warnings for rape/noncon are required; other warnings are optional, so please use your own judgment. Please include a disclaimer of some kind saying that you don't own the copyright to the PotC characters.
There's no minimum (or maximum) word limit, and short pieces are fine, but please only claim a prompt if you will post a story for that prompt by February 13.
Any questions? Ask in comments here or email penknife at penknife [at] gmail.com or artaxastra at artaxastra [at] aol.com. Otherwise, claim away!