Please comment on this post to claim a prompt. Please claim only one prompt at a time; if you finish one story before the deadline, you can return and make another claim. Each prompt can initially only be claimed by one person; however, if you have already posted a story and are returning to claim another prompt, you can choose one that's already been claimed.
- Jack/Will in an Old West AU claimed by veronica_rich
- Jack/Will, hurt-comfort
- Jack/Will - in which Jack has amnesia
- A Turrow-story in which Will finds out something crucial about Jack's past claimed by danglingdingle
- Jack/Will/Elizabeth, Fountain of Youth
- Jack/Elizabeth, cross-dressing (by Jack)
- Sparrabeth with Dom!Elizabeth claimed by casper_san
- Sparrabeth: a very pregnant Elizabeth being chased by the Navy and rescued by Jack claimed by js_1245
- Jack/Elizabeth, in England claimed by geekmama
- Jack/Elizabeth, in which Jack brings Elizabeth an unexpected present
- Jack Sparrow/Elizabeth - Elizabeth has to rescue Jack from Mistress Cheng claimed by florencia7
- Jack/James, in which Jack brings James back from the dead for reasons of his own claimed by sharklady35
- Jack/James, a detective story. claimed by djarum99
- Jack/James post-AWE, with Ghost!James
- Jack/James - Jack is depressed and is comforted by James. claimed by captsparrow4evr
- Jack/James - Submissive Jack
- Sparrington: somehow (vision? time travel? he has to be there in person, no story telling) James witnesses Jack’s encounter with Beckett which left Jack with the brand.
- Jack/James - an unwanted gift claimed by penknife
- Jack/James/Elizabeth threesome post-CotBP
- Jack/AnaMaria, but more pirate adventure than smut
- Jack/Barbossa - How they met
- Jack/Gibbs - angsty, Gibbs helps Jack in some way
- Jack/Tia Dalma. Just what is their past together, anyway? claimed by ladyofthesilent
- Jack/Davy Jones - The backstory regarding Davy raising the Pearl from the depths for Jack the first time around. claimed by venusinchains
- Jack Sparrow/Jar of Dirt-What else Jack keep in his Jar of Dirt? HUMOR
- Jack's first marriage post-mutiny, pre-CotBP. What happened to the first Mrs. Captain Jack Sparrow?
- Jack/Pearl, doing a bit of pirating claimed by torn_eledhwen
- Jack/Pearl, Barbossa/Pearl - some kind of warped love triangle (or maybe even threesome???)
- Jack never thought he'd feel the same way again, but he finds that he's falling in love ... with a ship other than the Black Pearl. claimed by eyeonahorizon
- Will and Elizabeth run away from Port Royal less then a week before the events of CotBP would have taken place.
- Will/Elizabeth, married, visited by Jack (friendship, no J/E)
- Will/Elizabeth, erotic correspondence claimed by slobber_neck
- James/Elizabeth - post-AWE
- Anamaria/Elizabeth, paying tribute to the new King
- Elizabeth/Anamaria, ropes
- Barbossabeth, after they found the Aqua de Vida claimed by equilibrium44
- Norrington/Anamaria - slavery, morality, and pirate society (Norrington coming to grips with living as an outlaw and Anamaria pushing his previous sense of ethics) claimed by atraphoenix
- James/whoever - opium
- Calypso/Davy Jones-What happens after he falls off the ship in AWE
- Calypso/Davy Jones- how did their courtship begin
- Tia Dalma/Anamaria, lessons (witchcraft?)
- Gibbs/Giselle-Fatherhood. Post-AWE
- Gilette/AnaMaria - One night stand. Post AWE
- Cotton/AnaMaria - Marriage Post AWE
- Teague/Scarlett - Mystery surrouding Jack's disappearance. Pre-CotBP
- Weatherby Swann/Elizabeth's mother - how did they meet? What was their marriage like?
- Gilette/Groves - What happened to Gilette after CotBP? How did Groves remain in Port Royal and end up in the service of Beckett?
- Jack & Elizabeth - a non-Sparrabeth reason for them being peas in a pod and/or the curiosity scene
- Jack, Elizabeth - Jack catches Elizabeth's wrist before she manages to shackle him to the mast.
- Jack and Will try to steal James's hat. Hijinks ensue.
- Jack, Will sailing together, friendship or more
- Jack, in his dinghy post-AWE, has occasion to meet up again with the Flying Dutchman at sea (anytime after).
- An eldrich female (siren, faerie, sylph, whatever) is certain Jack belongs with her society. Jack is a lot less certain. claimed by lotus0kid
- Jack, Barbossa searching for the FOY
- Jack and Barbossa, chained together by opposite hands/ankles and escaping a prison, pre-mutiny or post-AWE
- Jack and Barbossa argue about names - for anything. Ships, babies, dogs, cities, whatever. Bonus points if Will joins in. Probably post AWE, but might fit in the middle. claimed by glinda4thegood
- The Fountain of Youth turns Jack into a baby. Barbossa has to take care of him. claimed by cersia5
- Jack and Sao Feng, first meeting
- Jack doing a speck of honest pirating claimed by ballincollig
- A really tragic bit of Jack-backstory
- What was the mark Jack left on Beckett? claimed by p0wdermonkey
- Jack and Gibbs - backstory, how they met
- Jack didn't tell his crew how to find Isla De Muerta.
- While on shore leave in Tortuga, Jack is plagued with abduction attempts. Just who is trying to get ahold of him, and for what purpose (nefarious or otherwise)?
- What if Will had won the dice game?
- A humorous story about young Will and his mother - taking place in real time (not a flashback).
- An alternate ending to AWE: Will didn't stop Davy Jones and Elizabeth falls victim to the sword instead.
- How could Will become captain of the Black Pearl without mutiny?
- Will, Weatherby Swann - between CotBP and DMC
- Will, learning to fence
- Will - exactly what happened between when he left Elizabeth/Barbossa and crew prior to finding himself in the Singapore brothel, including the understanding between Will and Sao Feng.
- Elizabeth, Mrs.Swann - Elizabeth's mother takes little Elizabeth on a short, secret trip to Tortuga...
- Calypso and Elizabeth, women's talk
- Teague, Elizabeth - Post AWE. A heated argument between the Keeper and the King.
- Davy Jones and Elizabeth Swann, a serious conversation about love and hearts.
- Elizabeth, Anamaria - motherhood
- Elizabeth's mother - just where does Elizabeth get her taste for adventure?
- Elizabeth - finding someone to take over as Pirate King (how does she go about it? Does she even want/have to?)
- James, Elizabeth - During DMC. A longer version of "I trust him, that's all" conversation.
- Norrington and whoever - evening after the events of CotBP
- Commodore Norrington and his men have to deal with something supernatural, either before or after CotBP.
- Norrington backstory- whose example inspired his sense of duty and honor?
- Norington & Beckett - Repayment. No Slash. Post-DMC Pre-AWE
- James - life before the Navy
- Norrington - His journey to Tortuga after the hurricane or how he found his way back to Port Royal to deliver the heart to Beckett.
- Barbossa, backstory for how he became a pirate lord claimed by immortal_jedi
- Barbossa backstory
- Barbossa - story of the red dress he gives Elizabeth in CotBP
- Barbossa/Jack the Undead Monkey-How Barbossa found the thieving monkey.
- How, when and where did Ragetti and Pintel meet? claimed by lolitalockhart
- Pintel and Ragetti, Barbossa's apples and Ragetti's eye
- Pintel and Ragetti - future AU where they actually become "Kraken Slayers"
- Ragetti & Governor Swann - Houseboy. No Slash. Pre-CotBP
- Pintel & Mullroy - Doomed friendship. No Slash. Pre-CotBP
- Calypso - The sea goddess muses as to why she wasn't there that day
- Calypso - being bound by the Brethren Court and her sorrow afterwards
- Davy Jones - his sorrow for binding Calypso
- Davy Jones, caught in a storm
- Murtogg and Mullroy's life of crime (or not?) post-AWE.
- A modern AU wherein Murtogg and Mullroy meet Abbot and Costello.
- How did Cotton teach his parrot to talk?
- A non-sexual adventure that happens to Gibbs, Scarlett, and Giselle after they wander away from the docks at the end of AWE - anytime after. claimed by mamazano
- Beckett - keeping your friends close, and your enemies closer
- Lian and Park, telling lies
- Anamaria, flying solo
- The shipwright who built the Black Pearl.
- Bootstrap didn't protest the mutiny. Within a short time, the Black Pearl crew break the curse. What happens next?
- William the third grows up with a large number of pirate "uncles", like Uncle Hector, Uncle Jack, Elizabeth's crew, Will's crew, and so on. What is that like for the poor kid?
- Jack the Monkey, POV on being constantly shot at or shot out of a cannon, humor
- The Brethren Court needs a new way to designate successors, since the Pieces of Eight were destroyed. What?
- A story involving piracy and the Atlantic Slave Trade
- Crossover with Hamlet or Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead - Act 4 Scene 6 , we learn Hamlet escapes treachery and death in England when his ship is attacked by pirates. (He'd already found and switched the letters.) They help him, he owes them a favor, and R&G go on.
When you're ready to post your story, please follow the directions behind the cut:
Post your story to this community. Stories may be posted as soon as they're finished; all stories are due September 5.
Please use the following template to post your story:
Author's notes: (optional)
You may use whatever rating system you want, but please clearly indicate if a story contains adult content. Warnings for rape/noncon are required; other warnings are optional, so please use your own judgment. Please include a disclaimer of some kind saying that you don't own the copyright to the PotC characters.
There's no minimum (or maximum) word limit, and short pieces are fine, but please only claim a prompt if you will post a story for that prompt by September 5.
Any questions? Ask in comments here or email penknife at penknife [at] gmail.com or artaxastra at artaxastra [at] aol.com. Otherwise, claim away!